Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome Paige Jeaniene!

Well she finally arrived...3 weeks shy of her due date. Paige Jeaniene Hanson was born Saturday March 6 at 6:49am. It's a day and time I will never forget :) It's been just over a week since she arrived and I'm sure you all understand why I haven't blogged! We've been a bit busy, but it's been worth every second. Paige weighed 6.5 lbs when she was born...and after losing a few ounces before we went home, I'm pretty sure she's back up to her birth weight. Because she was early, her risk of Jaundice was high and sure enough her bili count was high as well. We had to bring her home on what's called a bili blanket.

The UV light helped to break down the red blood cells that were causing her skin to look yellow. She had to wear the light for nearly a week, and we had to take her in all week to get her blood tested every morning. Thankfully, Friday it finally came down to a safe level and she is cord free. She was awefully cute though as a my little glow worm :)
Paige was born with dark brown hair of all things. To say the least, her mom and dad were surprised!! The labor was long, almost 19 hours but it was the most amazing experience ever. It all started at work believe it or not. I had a Dr. Appointment Friday morning and my doctor told me that I was almost dilated to a 2 and about 70 percent efaced. She said she'd see me at my next appointment which was exactly a week later. I hadn't gained any weight since my appointment the week before so I decided to treat myself to a big chicken nugget meal from Wendy's. I got back to work around 11ish, ate lunch, and then one of my producers stopped by my desk to see how the appointment went. As I was telling her, my water broke!!! I ran to the bathroom, she followed...and sure enough it was the real thing! The news spread fast and by the time I was walking out of the bathroom to call Steve, about 10 people were cheering and smiling and trying to calm me down!! I got to the hospital, Steve met me there and the rest is history!
Paige is a very good eater and she's getting good at waking me up now to feed. When we first got home I had to set my alarm over night so I would wake up...now I hear her fuss and she eats!! She's been a little stubborn today, so I'm hoping it's short lived. Anyway here are some more pictures of baby Paige. She is just a doll!

1 comment: