And good news, she is pretty much sleeping through the night! She get's a good 6 to 7 hours when I put her to bed at night. She usually wakes up about 3:30 or 4...sometimes later and after a quick feed she wakes us up 3 hours later. Not bad. I'm trying the "letting her cry" thing and it's working. I recommend it to all new parents! It's hard at first, but totally worth it. Plus I've stopped rocking her to a complete sleep. I let her drift off just a bit and lay her down. I think she actually falls into a deeper sleep.
Tomorrow is my first Mother's Day and to be honest, it seems strange to think that I'm actually a mom. Sometimes I feel like I'm babysitting this perfect little angel. Like her parents are on a super long vacation! It's still hard to actually believe she's mine. Right now Steve and Paige are on their way to buy me a Mother's Day present. I wonder what they'll come up with? The house is a little too quiet right now, but I guess I should take advantage of it and take a nice long shower right?? :)
I head back to work two weeks from Monday. I decided to take 11 weeks off and I have loved every single minute of it. I really do think I could be a stay at home mom, but I am excited to get back into my routine and back to reporting. I really haven't watched a lot of news on my maternity leave so I'll have a lot of catching up to do!
I want to take a quick second to tell my mom Happy Early Mother's day! I don't know if she'll read this, but if she does, I hope she knows how much I appreciate and love her! I only hope I can be as great of a mom to miss Paige!!

No comments:
Post a Comment